I told you that you would be my last relationship. It pains me to think that we didn't weather the storm. I think about if we would reconnect again. The hopeless romantic in me refuses to believe that there isn't a reason why we always come back to one another. When we're back it's like no moments were missed. I miss you a lot these days and not because we spent nearly 7 days a week together for a year. I miss the way you smiled and looked at me. I miss you annoyingly licking the side of my face. I miss the awkward jokes at the most inappropriate time. I didn't just lose the love of my life, I lost my best friend. You felt like "home" to me. That's what all the others were missing, those before you and in between you. I thought to call you yesterday to invite you over. It was a natural thought, as if we haven't spent the past 8 weeks apart. Life is too short to live with regrets. I regret being so impulsive and letting my ego get in the way. I loved you then and I love you still. I pray that the love I didn't show you (love you didn't see) finds you. Just be sure to hold on to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment