YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Labyrinth Walk

My church offered this experience to participate in the Labyrinth walk at for a few Saturdays. I decided to learn more about it and see if I could reap the benefits that others in my church raved about.

The first Saturday that I went, I didn't know what to expect. I got there and my heart was heavy and my mind was clouded with thoughts. I was stressed, per the usual, and I was seeking clarity and relief from feeling so weighed down. I sang a gospel song from my family's church that I love and focused on the words. When something else entered my mind I began to pray. I prayed for a guided path and clarity. When I reached the inside of the path I prayed. I thanked God for all that I have, all that he had done, and all the things that he will do. When walking out of the path I sang a song from my church that came to mind. When I was completely off the path I felt light. I definitely didn't feel the tension in my shoulders and back. My lower back was sore though. As if everything that I was carrying had traveled down my back, legs, and exited through my feet with every step. I didn't have clarity to my worries but I gave them to God.

This last time when I went to the walk I went into it listening to music. I put pandora on the traditional gospel station. The first song was Grateful. I hummed along and stopped to pray when the spirit moved me. I thanked God for his abundance and favor. I'm truly blessed and highly favored. God always makes a way. He doesn't always give me what I want but always gives me what I need. I've wanted so bad for relationships to work out and God always showed me that the next love experience was better than the previous one. Better experiences, greater lessons to learn, and sometimes a deeper love than I'd thought possible. I have a bachelor's and master's degree. A little black girl from Detroit, MI made it through 10 years of higher education. If I've ever gone hungry it was a choice, I have always had access to food and water. When I reached the center I prayed more. Prayed for serenity, courage, and wisdom. I prayed that I would see what was truth and what was a lie. As I walked out the path I felt good. I felt joy and happiness. I had clarity about my relationship. I want it but with conditions...

Overall, the experience was very rewarding. I'd definitely go on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment